Statcounter

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Corcoran Story - Chapter 8 - Nellie

I'm thinking that this family's social finesse is in need of some drastic improvement!  It's gone altogether downhill since Ingrid's birthday party!


First off, I was interviewing Nils' boss, Gobias Koffi, for a story about the role of aquaponics in ending world hunger.

 
When the sleazeball made a pass at me!


While he's dating my best friend, no less!


 Then, Daddy had another date.


Not Falconer, Kristen Libby.  No, I didn't ask.

 
It did not end well.


Finally, Ingrid went to junior prom and got into not one, but two fights before bringing home the crown!


And yes, Daddy painted her prom portrait.  Who could have dreamed that he'd still be around to do that?


She's learning to cook.


And to rig the kitchen sink.
 

We had words about that.


 Nils and I earned our Master Gardener certifications.


Nils got old.


And so did I.


 Apparently Daddy and Falconer mended whatever quarrel they did or didn't have.


They had another date.

 
Which, once again, did not end well.


I don't know just how old Falconer was, only that she was a good bit older than Daddy.  In any case, the Grim Reaper makes a dreadful chaperone.


Ingrid graduated as class valedictorian, was voted "Most Likely to Take Over the World" and joined the police force the same day.


 I don't know what Nils has been up to at the lab these days; it's top secret. The last home improvement project, (a white roof) doesn't yield any clues.


 Now, though, he is the mad scientist in charge.


Brilliant minds work alike.  He got a yen to give something back to the community at the same time I got an itch to create some sort of public memorial for my mother.  So we now have


The Dana Corcoran Memorial Public Garden!  With all kinds of trees,


A fishing pond,


Its own bee garden,


And a fountain in the centre of it all!


 

3 comments:

  1. Wow - Dana's elderly with her Daddy, that's not that common... Joe's a super-sim! I'm sad his dates kept dying on him... haha your remark about Grimmy being a bad chaperone really made me laugh.

    I'm sorry I've been so far behind on your story...your writing style is still one of my favs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I *so* wanted Joe and Falconer to get together for whatever time they had left. But, no matter how hard I pushed them, they never made it past acquaintance. Drat these pig-headed Sims!

      Delete