Statcounter

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Corcoran Story - Chapter 12 - Marlowe


Let me show you a place where pulp fiction and film noir fear to tread:


Toddler hell!


Cocktail hours are deader than Marley.  Jacob or Bob, take your pick.


Lazy afternoons in the pool are in the same boat.


Sleuthing isn't faring much better.  Occasionally I go beachcombing for clues.  The beach is balder than Jean-Luc Picard.
 

The occasional stakeout comes up emptier than a barfly's billfold on Thursday night.


My cases these days are more like "Which diaper is the stinky one?"


Or "Find the missing heir".


Devin is as blond and high-strung as Inky.


While Macklin is such a chip off the old block as to remove any doubts I might have had.  No cuckoos in this nest!


Speaking of cuckoos, Roscoe, at the bar, went off the deep end


So Blaine is putting in a lot more hours there.


Three adults keeping up with two toddlers is like Canute sweeping away the tide.  Without a Shop-Vac.  Two adults and you take away his whiskbroom.


If you thought you noticed a third kid on the way, bingo!  No wedding bells tolling.


With Byron's arrival


The garconniere is as packed as a Tokyo subway at rush hour.


Inky did her best to corral the twins for their birthday.


Macklin went along with the gag.


While Devin flew the coop.


And Blaine neglected to mention that it was his birthday as well.


He did tap me for a loan to buy the bar.


I told him I was hard pressed to afford a bottle.


It's made an old man of me.


With still one toddler left to go.



 

4 comments:

  1. No cuckoos in this nest! You sure about that? ;)

    You sure move FAST on these kids, dang! Now show me closeups of these cuties in color next time or the fans start to riot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had to move fast with the kids. When the game glitched and I had to fix it, somehow Blaine and Marlowe got mucher older and Ingrid much younger, when they'd started out within a few days of each other agewise.

      Definitely no cuckoos in the nest; Macklin even has Marlowe's eyebrows. Both kids have blue eyes, even though Ingrid's are brown and Marlowe's are hazel. Sort of defies Mendelian statistics.

      Delete
  2. The beach is balder than Jean Luc Picard. LOL That was hysterical. It's fun watching all those kids popping out so fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sparkle! I must admit, I'd originally written it as "balder than Ike", until my husband pointed out that only old farts like us would remember Ike.

      Delete