Statcounter

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Corcoran Story - Chapter 2 - Dana

 
The new arrival is Gerald.
 
 
Today is his birthday.  Mine as well.
 
 
Nellie is ready to start school, glory be!

 
Here is our precious angel now.
 


Booby-trapping the toilet.


Meanwhile her father got distracted while cooking breakfast...


And set fire to the kitchen.

 
And, while he was at it, broke the computer.

 

The day wouldn't be complete without the sink's faithful rendition of Old Faithful.


I suppose one fire per day isn't enough for a renowned firefighter.


So we had very exciting birthday party.


Happy birthday to me.

 
Who knew the firehouse could be such an oasis of calm?

 

I've made fire chief!

 
And Firefighter of the Year!

 
Check out my trophy!
 
 
And my key to the city!


 
And my new toy!

 
With all of this going on, I didn't even mind coming home to find a strumpet at the chessboard.


Much.


We had a little family party for Nellie's birthday; she'll have a slumber party on the weekend.
 
Did I agree to this madhouse? What was I thinking?


Joe interecepted this one before he could crash the party or egg the house.


I will never understand my daughter! Just when I think she's elevated evasion of chores to an art form...


She takes it upon herself to landscape the front yard...


And plant a vegetable garden.


Little Brother has given new meaning to the word "stench".


Gerald Joseph Corcoran, do not even think of dirtying that clean diaper!


He's reaching school age none too soon.


He may be as absent-minded than his father.  He booby-trapped the toilet...


Then forgot that he'd done so.


Meanest mother ever!

 

4 comments:

  1. Aw man, poor Gerald. He's not too bright, is he?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha loved the backfired prank. Joe likes to play chess with that strumpet - I'd keep my eye on her! Congrats getting your founder that far in the firefighter career, that's one I've never ever done - so I'm hoping the random legacy will roll it for me and I'll be forced to try it hah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Gerald booby-trapping the toilet then forgetting and using it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Ali, Envie and Sparkle. I've never had one get that far with firefighting either; it takes a lot of micromanaging. The good news is that she actually got a lot of promotions during her maternity leaves just by going to the firehouse and working on the truck or the alarm...while Joe-Joe babysat.

    ReplyDelete