Statcounter

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Corcoran Story - Chapter 5 - Nellie

It wasn't the most successful wedding night on record.


But, necessity is the mother of invention.


And, now that Gerald's moved out, we have a bit more space.  He's just across the street, so I'm sure we haven't seen the last of him.


One may hope that we've seen the last of his practical jokes.


It's truly amazing that he lived to grow up; he was grounded right up to the moment when he blew out the birthday candles.  Several hours past if you want to get technical about it.
 


Even more astonishing, he graduated, with a vote of "Most Likely to be a Rock Star".


It probably wasn't too bright to attend Falconer's benefit soiree for the new wing at Sacred Spleen


At eleven months pregnant.


But, she is my mother-in-law.


 
And, I'll admit it; I was itching to turn in one more society article before maternity leave.


I made it home.  For the record, I don't recommend riding a bicycle across town while in labour.


Ingrid has arrived!
 

I'm afraid Daddy doesn't have much time left.  I overheard a conversation he was having with Falconer.


So I came right out and asked.  It's prostate cancer.
 

 
He's opted not to have aggressive treatment.



Instead, he's spending his remaining days painting,


Spoiling Ingrid,


And loving Mother always.  This is going to be so hard for her.


Now that I know what's going on, it seems ominous that Nils beat him at chess.


 
He's donating his paintings to the town.  Except for the family portraits, of course.  And, he's saving one painting for me.  He says this one is his masterpiece; it's called T3aN1M1a.
 
 
My personal favourite, though, is called 42.  A much more cheerful work.
 




 

 

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks CC! I can't wait for her to grow up; I have plans for her.

      Delete
  2. Yay for 42!! =)

    I'm super sad for Joe, he's such a cute old guy. Gerald is also very funny with all his antics and jokes, I'm sad to see him go, but glad he's right next door!

    Congrats on Ingrid!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Gerald cracks me up. He kept sneaking out when he was grounded and developed that sneaky walk. And, since he was still grounded when he aged up, he's going through young adulthood still doing the sneaky walk. I saw that there's a mod to fix that but I think I'll keep it; it's so funny to see him slinking around family parties.

      Delete
    2. PS, I would love it if he and Heather would autonomously make a cousin for Ingrid!

      Delete
  3. Aw Ingrid!! That's an adorable name. I'm sad for Joe. I will miss him.

    ReplyDelete