Statcounter

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Corcoran Story - Chapter 15 - Macklin

So here's the problem:  I'm graduating and I have no clue what I want to do with my life.



Everyone rants on and on about this amazing potential I have and how I could do anything I wanted if I'd just apply myself.  This begs the question.


Everyone else in my family follows their bliss but my bliss doesn't lead beyond the next party.


My kid brother, the firebug, wants to be fire chief. 


He's already off to a good start by saving the family, the guests and the house after a prank with Devin's birthday cake went terribly wrong.


Devin's found a sweet little house and is happily churning out books.


Being an international super spy like Mom might not be so bad


If it weren't for getting called in to work at all hours of the day and night until she's too tired to get home.


So, when Ayesha Ansari, the local crime boss, asked me to do a few little favours for her, (for which she was willing to pay handsomely), I jumped at the chance.


When the old bat asked for another kind of favour


I bailed!


But as long as the relationship stays strictly professional, it's all good.


Although I was on my way to jail


When they buried the old man.


He was at the police station, looking for a new case, when blam, it was curtains for him.


Mom had a few choice words for me about missing the the burial


But there wasn't too much she could say, since she got called into work before it was over.














No comments:

Post a Comment